Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Our Eventful Weekend!

I left work last Friday so excited to go home and pick up our dresser/changing table and we had planned to order our crib and get the mattress (thanks to Uncle Mike & Aunt Nicole!!!), well Babies R Us had other plans for us! We got there, picked up the dresser/changing table and then proceeded to ask if we can order the crib to which we were told that they did not have it in stock. I then asked if we could order it for when it came in and they said we couldn't because the main warehouse did not have it either and they had no idea when it would be coming in =( We went home with our dresser and I was so upset thinking I was going to have to find a new crib. I looked all over online and found nothing I liked at all, this was my favorite one and we were determined to get it.

Fast forward to Saturday, Joe & I had planned to go to Queens to check out Sukons and see the stroller we want. We go there and (by the way they are soo overpriced in EVERYTHING!)the guy tells me that the stroller we want is being discontinued because they are coming out with a new model, I'm batting a thousand at this point huh?! Ok, so we leave there, and Nik & Justine you will appreciate this, we went to Middle Village to get pizza from Rosa's and cookies & bread from Catalano's (both were soo yummy!!). We then went to Babies R Us in Whitestone on our way home and surprise surprise they don't have our crib either. I had the guy check all the BRU's he could find, all over LI, Staten Island & Brooklyn and no one had it. Joe & I got in the car and I was about ready to cry. Joe said he would drive anywhere to get it so we started calling CT and NJ and no one had it in any of those stores either! So, we started to drive home and I said I would call FL if I had to and have them ship it. Well we got home and I started searching for stores online and found that there were a couple of other BRU's that were a little further north than us and I started to call them. Guess what...we found it!!!!! We jumped in the car & drove up to Wappingers Falls (about an hour & 10 minutes north of us) and got our crib. I am soo excited. We put it up on Sunday and it looks so great!

What a weekend huh? I really thought we would have to settle on another crib all together but we lucked out! I will take pictures and update with the crib & dresser soon but YAY, now Baby Farley will have a place to sleep!!!!

Wow, that was a long blog post, I'll try to keep them a little shorter from now on, this one was just hard to do that with =)

xoxo,
Jaime

1 comment:

Unknown said...

rosas AND catalanos?? sooo lucky...florida food sucks..not sure how i'm gonna make it through another pregnancy without being able to satisfy those cravings!!