Monday, June 2, 2008

36 weeks & New Crib

WOW...36 weeks down and only 4 more to go!!! There has been a few things going on lately that I figured I would update everyone on. On Friday 5/23 I found out that the maker of our crib might be recalling a bunch of cribs and in the meantime they have had them all pulled from Babies R US' show room and also online and there is a no sale on them right now. They keep saying it is for a "quality reassurance" but now a week later and still no word I just wasn't comfortable keeping this crib. I was so upset because (as you remember from our Quest for the Crib) this was my favorite crib and I just couldn't see keeping it and worrying that Baby Jack would one day be the one who found what was wrong and got hurt in it. Babies R Us was great with all of it and they let us return the crib and order a new one from a different brand. We went on Saturday and took care of this and now we just have to wait for the new one to come in.

Now with the old crib out of the way we finally got a chance to paint (maybe everything does happen for a reason). Joe & I painted yesterday and now we just have final touches to finish up during the week and we are so excited. We haven't really revealed what our plans for painting were so come back for updates and pictures when it's all done =)


As for Dr.'s appointments, last week started my weekly ones. I went on Wednesday 5/28 and was lucky enough to have my first internal done (sense the sarcasm?!). It really wasn't as bad as people have said it was though. Anyway, here's the news, I'm not dilated at all, which is good because it's a little too early for me for that, she said I am starting to thin out a little though so with that and the fact that baby has started to drop or has dropped already the Dr. says that she is estimating that Jack will be about a week early, but as she said it was just her estimation. Joe was so excited to hear this because he would like him to be born on 6/23 since it's a Monday and he figures we'll start the week off right... think he's excited much?!?! The Dr. also said that she thought last week he was about 5 1/2 - 6lbs and she also says she doesn't think he will be that big of a baby and doesn't see me having a 10lb'er, which is great for me! She says she thinks he'll be about 7 to 7 1/2 lbs, which sounds good to me =)


Ok, that's all for now I think. Next appointment is this Wednesday so I will update again after that one.
Here is a picture I took last week in the bathroom here at work. I know a bit strange but I figured why not =) :



xoxo,

Jaime

1 comment:

Unknown said...

YAY, BABY JACK'S ALMOST HERE!! I CAN'T WAIT!!