Where do I even start with this post? Maybe I should start by saying that although we have a lot going on, it's all good things and exciting stuff :o) We have been in the process of a mini-move since the second week of August and that in itself has taken up a lot of time but it is so worth it. We share a townhouse with my in-laws and they have graciously changed 'apartments' with us so that we can have more room for ourselves and the new baby. We have re-done what was once Jack's playroom to be his & Itty Bitty's new bedroom and so far so good, he seems to love it. We bought him a Thomas the Train toddler bed, set up the crib, painted the room blue and put his train table in there and I think it's possibly one of his favorite rooms in the house now. Now I know you say why paint the room blue if you don't know what you're having and our answer to that is because the baby will stay with us for at least the first 4-5 months in our room and for Jack there are & will be so many changes, we wanted him to enjoy his own room for a little while and have something that is his, even if not for that long.
As far as changes with Jack, it's amazing! It's like he turned 2 and this switch went off and he lost any signs of being a baby at all and became a little boy, almost over night! It is so fun and so sad all at the same time because I look at him and he will always be my baby no matter what but at the same time he is growing so fast and speaks so much that it's fun to watch. He talks all day long and comes out with things from the clear blue. Some of my favorite expressions of his have to me 'mommy, follow me' (which he says even if he's actually following you, lol), 'do you hear that?' (which he says while holding his hand to his ear) and 'how cool is that?!'. He is always so full of energy and excitement and is becoming more and more my little best friend every day. Having him now be able to talk and pretty much hold a conversation with you is the best. Granted there are days when I wish he wasn't so opinionated and still in the baby stages but honestly, I wouldn't trade this for the world!
For me & the pregnancy, we are now in the final stages and although I can't wait for this little one to come out so we can see if it's a boy or a girl, I'm also a little sad that this is my last pregnancy (we have decided on only 2) and it has gone by so fast. My sister Nikole told me that after your first pregnancy, any others go by fast because you just don't have the time in the second pregnancy to worry about every little thing like you did in the first and she was right. I feel like the 2nd trimester just flew by as if it didn't even happen and here we are now. I am 30wks 4d today and if all goes well at Friday's doctor's appointment we will get our official scheduled date for the c-section and will only have 8 weeks to go. 8 WEEKS..I mean really, that's just crazy! I feel like all of a sudden we have so much to do and get done before the baby is here. I would love to get Christmas shopping done before I go to the hospital so that it's one less thing I have to worry about once we are home with the new baby. I would also love to buy a few new things for baby but that seems silly to me to just buy things now when we don't know if Itty Bitty is a boy or a girl. We do have a few necessities to buy (bottle nipples, bibs, burp cloths, diapers, etc.) but that is also stuff that Joe can take Jack shopping to get while I am in the hospital.
I must say that I am so extremely excited about all that is going on but then again scared by it all too. I just hope that my excitement will keep my scared feelings away for a while longer, we shall see I guess :o)
xoxo,
Jaime
No comments:
Post a Comment