Amazing! That is how I can describe it right now. I guess when you have your own child/children this day becomes so much more than it ever was. I don't mean because I am now a mother myself, although that is a huge part of it, but because I think I understand a little more than I did before.
I frequent a baby chat site which I did all through out my pregnancy too. Being on there you get to speak to other girls with babies the same age as your own, become friends with some and learn a little about other people's lives. I think in frequenting these boards I have come to appreciate life & the things that I have in my life even more than I did before.
I am very lucky to have an amazing husband who would do just about anything for me. I know I give him a hard time sometimes but I really am blessed and extremely lucky to have found a man that is just so amazing and loves me the way he does. I also have a son, an amazing little boy, who brightens my day no matter what kind of mood I may be in. He looks at me and smiles or giggles or makes any one of his funny little faces and I just melt. I knew being a mom would be great and fun and all these other things but it's so much more than even that. Being a mom, I have grown up a lot. He needs me for everything (even though these days he thinks he's a big boy already) and I think that is great! To be needed the way he needs me is just the best feeling and I hope it never subsides :o)
I have also encountered some girls on the boards who have lost their little ones. For some reason or another their babies did not make it and that breaks my heart. I hope that if any of them read this I would like them to know that I respect them so much! They are stronger women than I could ever be and I think that they have all handled their losses with grace, I'm not sure how they do it but I find it to be amazing.
So to not make this in to a sad post I want to say that I am so very blessed and happy to be a mother and can only imagine that the coming years will be better & better :o)
Happy Mother's day to all the mommies out there and also to all the soon-to-be mommies...hope everyone has a great day!!!
xoxo,
Jaime
No comments:
Post a Comment